Union Plus Scholarship
Application deadline: 12:00pm (noon, Eastern Time), Sunday, January 31, 2021.
Click here for Application
Since 1991, the Union Plus Scholarship Program has awarded more than $4.8 million to students of union families. Over 3,200 union families have benefited from our commitment to higher education.
This program is offered through the Union Plus Education Foundation, which is sponsored by Union Privilege.
The Union Plus Education Foundation is funded in part by donations from Capital One N.A., the provider of the Union Plus Credit Card (You do not need to be a Union Plus Credit Card holder to apply for this scholarship.)
Award amounts: $500 to $4,000. These one-time cash awards are for study beginning in the Fall of 2021. Students may re-apply each year.
Award date: May 31, 2021. During the first week of June 2021 award recipients will be notified by postal mail, and all applicants will be sent email notification.
- Current and retired members of unions participating in any Union Plus program, their spouses and their dependent children (as defined by IRS regulations) are eligible. Grandchildren are not eligible unless a legal dependent (as defined by IRS regulations). At least one year of continuous union membership by the applicant, applicant's spouse or parent (if applicant is a dependent). The one year membership minimum must be satisfied by May 31, 2021.
- Members of participating unions from the U.S., Puerto Rico, Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands and Canada are eligible.
- The applicant must be accepted into a U.S. accredited college, university, community college, technical or trade school at the time the award is issued. Awards must be used for the 2021 - 2022 school year.
- Undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to apply.
CWA Joe Beirne Scholarship Program
- Sixteen partial scholarships of $4,000 are being offered for the 2019/2020 school year
- CWA members, their spouses, children and grand children may apply
- Applications are accepted November 2020 - April 2021
- Deadline is April 30, 2021
- For more information and to apply online visit http://www.cwa-union.org/pages/beirne
Nettworth Financial Group Scholarship
The Rudy and Betty Schware Scholarship
Available to qualified Seniors in high school, students in college or trade school.
The following conditions will apply for this grant:
- All Local 7777 members in good standing with our Local not covered by tuition aid in their contract.
- Children and grandchildren of all members of Local 7777. The parent/grandparent or guardian must be a member in good standing.
- The applicant may select or, currently attend any accredited university, college, or trade school of his or her choice.
- The student must have passing grades and the application must be accompanied by two (2) letters of recommendation from a mentor, tutor, or employer.
- The student must be attending any accredited university, college, or trade school during the 2020/2021 school year.
- Our application form and the letters of recommendation MUST be postmarked on or before Friday,
September 4, 2020. The deadline as been extended to September 18, 2020.
- Applicant must submit an essay of a minimum of 500 words to a maximum of 1000 words on the following topic: “Why did the American Federation of Labor (AFL) and the Congress of Industrial Organizations (CIO) merge?”