Public Comment Period
The Public Comment Period for paid family and medical leave has officially opened! Over the next 30 days, the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment (CDLE) will collect comments from workers, business owners, organizations and community members to share with the FAMLI Taskforce to help inform their decision about the best paid leave program for the state of Colorado. (Please read attached official CDLE announcement) This is the most pressing task over the next month and it is critical that we have a large volume of comments that touch upon the most important aspects of the policy.
In order to increase member participation, 9to5 has created an online form for workers and businesses to submit comments. We ask that you share this link widely with your members and networks to submit comments: https://cofamli.paperform.co. Through this online form, we can track comments, stories, and member info over the next 30 days and strategically deliver the comments to CDLE. This online form is also set up to deliver these comments directly to CDLE.
Please include any of the following points:
- The need for a minimum of 12 weeks paid time off
- Job protection for all workers
- Equal access for all workers (i.e. no carve-outs of any workers)
- Keeping this a state-run program as opposed to privatization
- An expanded definition of family
- An equally shared contribution between employers and employees